Terms & Conditions of Trade
Heating Care Scotland Limited © 2018 | All rights reserved.
On acceptance of the quote from Heating Care Scotland Ltd, whether on-line, by email, or by signing your contract/invoice or following a verbal agreement the customer is accepting the following terms and conditions;
1. The Quotation - Every effort is made to estimate work as accurately as possible for the proposed works, it is sometimes necessary to include an additional sum in the final account for items and labour which could not be foreseen at the estimation stage. These items will always be discussed with the client whenever possible; if however the client is not available, and no other aspect of the work may be undertaken in the interim, we will continue in order to finish works on schedule.
2. Dates - Given for commencement of work are approximate only. Whilst every effort will be made to keep to a given date, work can sometimes be delayed and Heating Care Scotland Ltd shall not be held liable for any costs incurred by the client for a delay in works commencing or finishing. The client will be notified near the expected date.
3. Access to the site will be granted to Heating Care Scotland Ltd during the agreed schedule and require that no other trades are working on or around the site concurrently unless agreed prior to the start date by Heating Care Scotland Ltd
4. Scaffolding - although every effort is made to ascertain that access is possible to areas by ladder, if it is found after start of works that access is not possible in a safe manner to areas, and no price has been given for scaffolding, Heating Care Scotland Ltd will quote any additional charge for such scaffolding as needed
5. Site preparation – Heating Care Scotland Ltd require that the site be cleared by the customer prior to commencement of works. If this is not done, we may charge a delay fee, and invoice for any clearing work. Should our workmen be requested to move any furniture or possessions, it is at owners own risk.
6. Damage repair - Any reparation work requested as a result of damage by other parties will be costed and scheduled separately.
7. Damage – Heating Care Scotland Ltd accept no responsibility for any damage to the property by other parties whether structural or aesthetical whilst undertaking any work.
8. Photography. Heating Care Scotland Ltd reserve the right to photograph the work as it progresses.
9. Cancellation - The client will forfeit a deposit equal to 25% of the total job cost including vat, upon acceptance of the estimate.
10. Radiators - Unless specifically noted above, radiators will not be removed for re-decorating. If you wish radiators to be removed the additional cost of employing a plumber will be incurred.
Guarantees and Sign off
11. Guarantee - All our work is guaranteed for 12 months, whereby we promise to return and put right any faults due to our workmanship at the earliest opportunity and free of charge. These guarantees apply only when all invoices are paid on completion and in full, otherwise the guarantee will be deemed to be null and void.
12. Materials - Used are guaranteed as per manufactures warranty. Unfortunately, no guarantee will be given on materials if they are not supplied by Heating Care Scotland Ltd, unless it has been agreed beforehand. We only supply quality materials from well-known brands that we are used to dealing with. Returns to correct problems caused by materials which are supplied by the customer will be charged at £50.00 per hour +VAT.
13. Standard of work - All work will be carried out to a thorough standard, materials used will be of current British Standard requirements. If different materials are requested other than quoted for then the price will be adjusted accordingly, all electrical will be carried out as per Gas Safe and Oftec regulations and is covered under Part P of electrical installations for central heating systems. In the unlikely event we need to install any new electrical supply for your heating system we will use a suitably qualified electrician and Heating Care Scotland Ltd is a member of Select the Scottish governments governing body for electrical works carried out in Scotland.
14. Certificates - No certificates for Boilers, Hot water Cylinders, Gas Safe etc. will be issued until final payment in full for all works undertaken is received.
Up to £2,500
Payment required within 24 hours of completion of works after this time a £100 charge will be applied to the account and after this time further interest will be charged at 4% on a weekly basis or part of.
£2,500 to £5000
50% deposit required on commencement of works, further 40% during duration of works to be agreed with customer at commencement, final 10% within 24 hours of completion of works.
40% deposit, 50% during works, and 10% within 24 hours of completion of works, unless other arrangements for stage payments on larger jobs are agreed with client prior to commencement.
15.Extras - Should you request any work additional to that quoted for, you will receive a separate quote and the work will also be invoiced separately.
16. If the client fails to pay the agreed instalments on or before the due date, Heating Care Scotland Ltd will cease work and enforce payment of the balance of the contract price. Heating Care Scotland Ltd reserve the right to charge interest at a rate of 4% per week on any amounts unpaid after the due date of the final invoice. If our terms and conditions are not met, the invoice will be adjusted to include interest payable at 4% per week.
17. Heating Care Scotland Ltd reserve the right to withdraw from site if the contract payment schedule is not adhered to. Title and ownership of the materials and equipment will not pass to the client until final payment has been made. Any materials can be recoverable by Heating Care Scotland Ltd in the event of non-payment. The client agrees to allow access to site for this purpose. No certificates or guarantees will be supplied until payment is received in full.
18. Heating Care Scotland Ltd take any complaints very seriously and in the unlikely event you feel you need to make a complaint please contact in the first instance the Directors of the company Caroline Ketchen or Philip Ketchen by email or telephone. All complaints are dealt with as a matter of urgency and we follow our own company complaints procedure a copy of which can be provided on request. If you feel we have not addressed your complaint satisfactorily please write to us at: James Young House Drumshoreland Road, Pumpherston EH53 0LQ and we will respond to you within 7 days.
Health and Safety
19. Heating Care Scotland Ltd take the Health and Safety of our Customers and Staff extremely seriously, and have comprehensive arrangements in place to ensure that we comply with all legal obligations in this respect. We do however expect that all customers take reasonable care and responsibility for their own health and safety whilst our operatives are on site and follow any health and safety instructions given by our operatives for the duration of the works. Copies of our Public Liability Insurance, Health and Safety policy, and Environmental Policy are available upon request.